For Service Providers
Upper Hunter Homeless values partnerships which support clients and which educate the community on the issues related to homelessness and domestic & family violence.
Our service regularly invites partner services to informal meet and greets with staff in order to foster positive relationships and outcomes. If you are interested in meeting with the Upper Hunter Homeless team please contact us at email@example.com or call our General Manager, Mary Spora on 02 6542 5051.
Upper Hunter Homeless provides Specialist Homelessness Services (SHS) funded through the DCJ Going Home Staying Home Program. The service area covers a large geographic footprint from Murrurundi in the north to Cassilis in the west and parts of Branxton further eastwards. The central Hub is located in Muswellbrook with staff rostered daily to a Singleton Office at the Neighbourhood Centre. Staff also regularly travel and work in Merriwa and Scone with service to the smaller towns as needed.
The staff consists of a team of generalist Caseworkers who with the Team Leader support people from the following cohorts:
- Individuals, including youth and seniors
- LGBTQIA+ community
- CALD community
- People affected by all forms of DFV
With clients requiring specialist services Upper Hunter Homeless staff work with clients to accept referrals to the appropriate supports. The unique characteristics of rural and remote communities can make this process confronting for clients. Staff work with people to create the connections necessary for this to be overcome.
Programs & services offered through Upper Hunter Homeless no wrong door approach include:
- Going Home Staying Home Specialist Homelessness Service
- Support for people affected by family and domestic violence, including DVRE services:
- Advice and referral
- Intake and assessment
- Casework centred on client agreed upon goals
- Short term refuge housing for women and children.
- Limited numbers of transitional residences situated throughout the footprint, including Merriwa, Scone, Muswellbrook and Singleton
- Assistance with housing applications
- Assistance with tribunal and mediation requirements
- Client support groups e.g. Shark Cage, Rent it Keep it.
Client facilities available at Muswellbrook Hub – 3 Wilkinson Avenue, Muswellbrook
- All services are fully accessible
- Breastfeeding friendly space
- Client community area with TV, tea and coffee
- Food, cleaning and school essential packs
- Donated food when available – thank you to partners Woolworths, and Coles for their continual support
- Client showers
- Laundry facilities
- Client phone and laptop
Referral Information and Forms
Use these links to get started on providing help or learning more about what we can do and what services we provide.